A Brief overview of the Terminal Reports Section on your POS system. All of these reports are printed directly from your receipt printer.
How to get to the Terminal Reports Section
After you sign on – Go to your ‘ADMIN’ \ ‘PAYSCREEN’ page – normally located along the top right.
Hit the REPORTS button.
The TERMINAL REPORTS windows will show up as below.
Terminal Reports Screen Layout
Everything on the left-hand side under CURRENT SALES, are reports that are today’s sales data only.
Everything on the Right-hand side under ARCHIVE / CENTRAL – SALES, are reports from your sales data previous to today.
After you do an end of day, all of your CURRENT SALES data gets transferred to the ARCHIVE CENTRAL SALES data, so your current sales data is cleared at the end of every day.
Brief Explanation of CURRENT SALES section.
END OF DAY – This completes the end of day and will transfer all sales into the archive, all of your financial figures are printed – This should only be pressed at the end of your day.
CURRENT FINANCIAL – This report will be exactly like the end of day report and can be used to see the current total figures for the day. Tender Totals and Total Sales.
GROUP / DEPARTMENT REPORT – Used to see a breakdown of your current sales for today organized by Group and Departments.
PRODUCT SALES – Total Product Sales listing for the day.
CHARGE SHEET STATUS – Used to show the total of unpaid bill figures on Charge sheets/Tables that are still open.
MIX AND MATCH – Shows the total of mix and match deals used today.
END OF SHIFT – Used to complete a semi-end of day – this means that all of the figures will be calculated up until this point and removed from current sales section (exactly like an end of day) and the next cashier can start to use the till on the same day with fresh figures.
When an actual end of day is done, only this cashiers’ figures are included and they can cash up as normal. When a report for today’s sales is made, both cashier’s figures are included in the Days reports.
Brief Explanation of ARCHIVE / CENTRAL SALES section.
DAILY SALES – This report will give you the days total figures and transactional information – if you ever lost an end of day report, this report will give you the information you need, just select the date and hit ok to view the report.
WEEKLY SALES BY DAY – Select the start date and it will report on each day’s figures for the date selected and the following six days. Essentially it is a daily sales report for a whole week.
CONSOLIDATED WEEKLY REPORT – Like the Weekly sales by day report except the total figures are only shown so it includes the whole weeks figures starting from the date you choose.
SALES BY PERIOD – Run this report to show the total sales figures over a certain period of time for example; 5th to the 20th of November 2019
Once the report is ran it totals up your figures in end of day format.
PRODUCT SALES – This report gives you the list of products sold over the period selected and the total amount sold.
HOURLY REPORTS – This report will give you a bar chart format of your busiest times throughout the day – each bar representing total sales per hour hour.
MIX AND MATCH – The same as CURRENT SALES section, only difference is you will select over a number of days.
That concludes our overview of TERMINAL REPORTS – Remember these reports are printable from your receipt printer only.
Back Office Reports are more detailed and require an a4 printer if you wish to print any of the reports. You may also save the file for printing from another computer
Below we will go through the different Back Office Reports available.
BACK OFFICE REPORTS
In this Guide we will run through the various reports available to us from within the BACK-OFFICE section of your till.
To get to this section you will need to have the permission attached to your operator login – manager access normally would have this permission – if you do not have access available to you under any operator, please call your support number or email email@example.com
1. GO TO THE BACK OFFICE
To get to the back-office section of the till you can go to your ADMIN SCREEN and hit BACK OFFICE button.
(There is also a shortcut way, just log in and hit “10101” into the sales screen to be taken to back office section automatically.)
2. GO TO REPORTS
When you click on reports you will see a list of options appear underneath. We will go through these with a brief explanation as to what these are. We will then go through a few common reports step by step how to run and read them.
When you click on ACCOUNTS REPORTS, more options will appear below.
- Accounts Reports : Lists all of the customer accounts with their details.
- Accounts Loyalty Points : Shows loyalty points balance.
- Aged Analysis : Shows balances along with a review of balances month to month.
- Audit Trail : Lists Accounts with all of the related transactions.
- Day Books : Displays account transactions based over a full day.
- Member Balance(Audit Trail Based): Lists account details DEBIT, CREDIT and BALANCE.
- Profile : Lists account names, number, how many sales, date of last sale, pay, etc.
! When you Select one of these reports you will have a criteria selection popup so you can fine tune the report to display just the account you want, certain account types or all accounts – an example is displayed at the bottom of this article..
- Bookings listing : Shows the listings for all bookings in the period you select.
- Current Bookings : This will give you the same report as above only for current bookings
- Customer Credit Notes: Gives you option to display Credit notes for specific or all customers within a date range. Option also to just show Outstanding, Overdue or Redeemed credit notes.
- Customer Loyalty Points: Displays customer loyalty Points Details, current and redeemed points balances.
- Customer Orders: Displays Customer Orders for all or a specific customer.
- Profile: Displays customer account details, number of transactions, sales value, Date of last sale, Payment Count, Date of last Payment.
- Customer Deposits: Displays a list of Customer deposits held on the system.
- Customer Listing: Displays a full list of your customers, can be narrowed down to a customer group.
Financial Reports contain figures related to the financial aspect of the business; a brief explanation of each report follows…. Remember you can always try run any report you wish to familiarize yourself with the user interface/criteria-selection as it is more or less the same for all types of back office reports.
Hourly -> Product Sales (Combined): This report will give you a breakdown of the hourly financial figures relating to product sales through your POS.
You can fine tune this report to only show figures based on a certain Group, Department or Product only. Default criteria will show all products.
- Operator -> Operator Hours: Shows you a breakdown of your staff’s hours from the clock-in data. You can narrow your selections down to each staff member over a certain period of time.
- Paid In: Shows a report of the ‘Paid-In’ transactions (Float) with their reasons and value.
- Paid Out: Shows a report of the Paid-Out Functions with their reasons and value.
Refunds(Detailed): Reports on the Date of transaction, Product code, Reason, No. Of items, Refund Value and the staff member who processed the refund.
Refunds(Summary): Reports on the Date of Transaction, Reason, No. of items and Refund Value.
Tax Analysis(Detailed): Shows your tax values from your sales over a selectable time period. Shows tax code, rate of tax, product number, description, quantity, Inc Vat. Ex Vat totals.
Tax Analysis(Summary): The totals for tax rates only. Shows VAT total, rate, Inc VAT and ex VAT.
Tender Analysis: Shows the different tender totals report for the selected time period.
Tender Analysis (Detailed): Same report as above but now shows each individual transaction number.
Tender Analysis by Group (Detailed): Much the same as above except it shows figures sorted by product Groups.
- Voids / Error Corrects
Financial Voids: Shows a report detailing the products voided from sales, the reasons they were voided (if enabled) and the totals, over a specified time period.
Financial Error Corrects: Similar reports just to show what was removed from a sales screen before being cashed off.
Credit Notes: Show credit notes held on the system.
Shows Listings of various types and categories, we will give a brief description, most are self-explanatory.
- Accounts Listing: Lists all or specific accounts held on the system.
- Condiment Listing: Lists your condiment options currently set up on your system.
- Customer Listing: Lists your Customers currently held on your system.
- Department Listing: Lists your departments names and numbers.
- Foreign Exchange Listing: Lists your current Foreign Exchange currencies
- Group Listing: Lists your Product Groups and codes.
- HotCode Listing: Lists all HotCodes currently on the system (Shortcut codes).
- Mix & Match Listing: Lists your Mix and Match Deals currently on the system, Active or Inactive.
- Operator Listing: Lists all your Operator/Users currently on the system.
- Price-Shift Listing: Lists all Price Shifts currently set on the systems.
- Questions Listing: Lists all your “Questions” on the system. (Questions to prompt the Operator to ask a customer – this would be tied to a product, for example, Age Verification for Tobacco or Alcohol Products).
- Reasons Listing: Lists all Reasons currently on your system. (Reasons for voids, refunds, waste etc.)
- Reports Listing: Lists all Reports available to you, the report category, report name, Group and last Run times.
- Stock Listing: Lists your current Levels of Stock, gives Product code, department, In Stock, Min Stock, Max Stock, Stock on Order, Delivered, Cost, Price, VAT Code and whether or not the product is on stop(Discontinued).
- Supplier Listing: Lists all your Suppliers along with basic contact information.
- Tender Change Audit (Version 10+ ONLY): Shows you details of any Tender Changes made to finished sales.
Here is where you will find all of your reports relating to sales.
- Full Transaction List: Here you can print a full transaction list over a specified period of time. Shows Type of sale, date, time, transaction number, Operator, Product code, Description, qty, unit and total price.
- Top Sellers: Shows your Best-Selling Products – This report can be customized so you can select how many top sellers to display (10,20,50,100 etc) and you can choose to only display top sellers limited to a supplier or department.
- Age Restricted Sales: This report will show you age restricted sales data – Tobacco / alcohol for example.
- Accounts Sales: Summarized and Detailed versions – Group Dept sorts each account’s sales by Group and Department, Detailed gives you full transactional information.
- Customer Sales: Gives you option for Detailed, Summary sales and Customer sales Daily figures.
- Department Sales: Breaks down sales figures based on Department details.
- Discount Reports: Shows Discount figures based on reason, you can choose a detailed version or just a summary.
- Group Sales: Shows your Sales figures for each Product Group. Detailed or Summarized versions.
- Mix & Match Sales: Shows your Mix and Match Deals Discount totals related to mix and match deals.
- Operator Sales: Operator based Sales reports – Detailed or Summary.
- Product Sales: Sales reports based on products, reports by Price Level, Profit Margin, Product Supplier, Operator, Voucher Sales and Sales By date.
By Price Level: Price level based Sales report over specified period.
PLU Profit Margin(Detailed): Shows Quantity sold, Inc and ex VAT, Cost and Profit values.
PLU Profit and Loss: Shows Product code, Description, Number of Sales, Sales Value, Opening Stock Value, Cost of Purchases, Closing Stock Value and Profit / Loss figures.
Product Supplier Sales by Month: Shows sales of products for each Supplier over specified period.
Product Supplier Sales by Operator: Shows a similar report as above except, sorted by Operator and not just the Supplier.
Voucher Sales: Shows Voucher sales figures – Only applicable if you have set up the voucher product on the system.
Product Sales with Comments – (Only for systems with a production printer Bar/Restaurant):
Shows Product sales figures related to products sold with an attached free text item Shows you the product code, transaction number along with the free text that was attached to the item at time of ordering – Applies to version 10+ only.
Product Sales by Date: Shows you Qty Sold, Transaction Numbers, Operator, Unit Price and Total Price.
Recipe Sales: Shows Sales figures related to Recipe items only. Gives value of sales and quantity sold.
Supplier Sales: Shows Sales based on products by Supplier.
Supplier Sales (Detailed): Gives Supplier details, Product, Number of items, Value, Transaction Date.
Supplier Sales (Summary): Gives Supplier details, Product, Number of items and Value.
All stock related reports can be found here, likes of adjustments, valuation, movements and orders.
- Stock Adjustments Detailed: Shows stock adjustments over the specified time period; includes Adjustment number, Location, Date, Reference, Product Code, Description, Out and In and the cost of the adjustment.
- Stock Below minimum Level: Shows you a list of your stock items below your previously set minimum level.
- Stock Valuation: Shows you a Valuation of your stock – Quantity in stock, Cost, Average Cost, Price and Stock value at cost and selling.
- Historical Transactions-> Historical Stock Valuation: Shows stock valuation as of specified date – Product code, Description, Quantity in Stock, Cost, and Total Value.
- Locations: Shows all stock locations and view stock by location.
- Movement -> Slow moving Stock: Shows you a report with your slowest moving stock – you can select “Not Sold Since” Date and narrow down like most reports here based on group, department or supplier.
- Orders: Shows various Goods in and purchase order reports.
Goods inwards Detailed: Shows all your goods in orders – Gives Branch, Supplier, Date in, Product codes, Units ordered, delivered, cases ordered and delivered, cases cost and quantities along with delivered cost.
Orders By Supplier(Detailed): Shows your purchases orders sorted by supplier. Gives order references.
Orders By Supplier (Summary): Just shows your purchase orders from suppliers with just their including and ex VAT totals.
Stock On Order(Summary): Shows all of your stock that are on purchase order.
Cost of Goods: Shows Sales value, Discounts, Net Value and Product Costs over specified period.
That concludes our Back-Office Reports Overview.
We have gone through all of the reports available with some details on what they show you.
To get a better understanding of each report, simply run any report and play around with the different criteria selections. I will include an example criteria selection below and explain some of the sections.
Main things to note here are the tick-boxes and the relevant sections given, like departments, branch, products etc.
In the ‘from’ and ‘to’ sections it will allow you to only show data covered in that range.
For example, departments 100 – 200 only, will exclude every department number higher than 200 and lower than 100. If we also change groups to 100 -103 it will exclude every department not within that range.
If you do not wish to include a range of data, you can simply untick the box and it will include all of that data.
To save your criteria selections for every time you open the report, you can tick the box at the bottom for “Save Criteria Selections”.
Hit VIEW to view the report and hit PRINT to print it. Hit CLOSE to go back to previous screen.
(You must have an A4 printer attached to print – you cannot print from a normal receipt printer.)
You may also view the report and from the viewer that is displayed on the screen and save the report to PDF format and transfer to usb stick if no a4 printer available.
This is the far-left icon at the top corner of your report viewer.
If you require assistance with any part of the guide and its contents, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org